8/04/2016

Favorite Teaching Resource - Angela Watson



And so now it begins, the time that both kids and teachers are anxiously awaiting, back to school time! I know for me, I love this time of year! Not only because I get to begin planning how my year will be much more organized and structured (I hope) than last, but the beloved school supplies section. My obsessive compulsion to ALWAYS meander the school supplies on every trip to the store (if you don't believe me, ask my husband), which usually leads to at least one purchase of brightly colored ink pens (BIC Xtra Bold Bright Ballpoint Pens are my absolute favorite), or pencils, or just whatever catches my eye that is under $5.00. I could just shout on the mountains my love for school supplies.. but I shall hold it all in for the sake of this post. 

Not only does my LOVE for school supplies get me back in the groove of preparing for school to start, but looking through the many amazing resources found on teacher blogs and resources I've found on Pinterest or Teachers Pay Teachers, TPT for short, helps too! Although there are several blogs I'm often reading through, I have to share my all time, hands down, favorite -

The Cornerstone by Angela Watson http://thecornerstoneforteachers.com/

I have no idea how I stumbled across this amazing resource, but I am SOOO glad that I did. As a high school teacher, many blogs out there are focused on elementary school classrooms. Angela's teaching background is elementary too, but her content for classroom management, and how a teacher can balance work and personal life, is very general to ALL teachers, regardless of gender, grade level, or years of experience. Her resources, and insight, are both refreshing and helpful!

I am always very excited to share this resource with other educators! 

So, not only can you find a ton of free (music to any educators ears) resources on her website, but Angela has also written several books: The Cornerstone, Unshakeable, and Awakened

The Cornerstone is the first book that she has written and has tons of information on her teaching experience, classroom management ideas and ways to reduce your workload. 

Unshakeable is another book that she has written with 20 ways to change your daily routine to enjoy teaching again. This was the first book I read. If you have to choose just one book this year to read, I would suggest this book. 

Awakened is also another great resources. This book is a great read if you want to have a more positive mindset. She also published a devotional guide book to go along with it if you want. 

All three books, and the Awakened Devotional Guide Book can be bought from her website or Amazon. Both sites offer to purchase hardcopies of the books, or e-copies of the books. They are quite affordable, and I think absolutely essential to any educator's library. These books can be read time and time again to help refresh and reshape your outlook on education. 

Even though I LOVE her website resources, and the books, my hands down absolute favorite thing that Angela shares with educators is her podcast:

Truth for Teachers - http://thecornerstoneforteachers.com/truth-for-teachers

She records a new podcast every week, and publishes it on Sunday's. Each podcast is about 10 minutes long, but has some good information to reflect on, or tips to use, throughout the week. She offers the chance for you to ask questions that she will answer on her podcasts as well. 

Now that I've shared ALL the many reasons I LOVE Angela Watson's resources, please don't waste another minute to fall in love with them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment